Surestop Stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Take a look at the attached photo.
This is my stopcock looks like lead both sides. Located right behind the tumble dryer, a swine of a job when you need yo shut the water off in a hurry.
It doesn't fully close the water supply off. I've closed it and opened it a number of times but I think the stopcock valve seat or seal must be worn.
I'd like to fit a Surestop Stopcock but the All the Pipework is plastered into the wall so theres no accessable point after the stopcock to fit the push fit Surestop.
20160723_180346.jpg
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
that looks old!
can you turn it off in the street?
if so i would do that, then expose the pipework enough so you can get the lead cut, once you've cut it in half you should be able to move it a lot easier, and then use a Lead Loc to adapt it to copper, then fit your Surestop, i would maybe consider replacing the lead from then on with either copper or plastic, but that would depend on how easy it is to do. if you don't do that, you'll have to adapt it back to lead with another lead loc

Sponsored Links
ive fitted a few, they all worked well, but then the little hose could get kinked or blocked i s'pose, so it's always better to have back up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back