Surprising news about Diesels

Sadly I'm afraid you will be proved to be correct.....although the 'wet' DPF's systems are working well. Basically the lower temperatures that the DPF's can get by using Eolys or Adblue means the soot can be vapourised without coking up so much.
Either way, the days of the short run for a diesel have to be numbered!
Warning to PSA group drivers....there's quite a few types of Eolys these days so the right one is essential - but I did find a Peugeot with Adblue the other day so who knows what's fitted.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Lets hope the ethanol pause carries on too.....maybe forever if Brexit is triggered.

It's hygroscopic and none of my vehicles will be able to use it for various reasons. They don't seem keen to put it in Higher octane fuels yet though...downside is that stuff costs more.

It's only there to keep the madmen in Brussels happy so hopefully an EU retreat will keep us out of it.

Sponsored Links
I hear that lots of South American and some US cars can run on it. I believe they have to use stainless steel for fuel lines and some other parts that would be at risk of corrosion.

Not all laws are set by madmen.

It's also reported that ' inferior quality fuels' tend to be used in third world areas......that is believable.

I hear that lots of South American and some US cars can run on it. I believe they have to use stainless steel for fuel lines and some other parts that would be at risk of corrosion.

Not all laws are set by madmen.

Most vehicles after 2009 are good for it. Most of mine aren't even within a decade of that. Even with the promise 2009 on is OK I'm not convinced...there are too many horror stories and it doesn't solve the hygroscopic issue anyway.

Also the more ethanol is used the more rainforest/land is used to produce it and it still needs fossil fuels to produce as well. One could ask if it's worth it at all.

Ethanol has been causing chaos with synthetic rubber fuel pipes and so on and it's still doing so.
Whether it affects anything else I wouldn't know.

Sadly I'm afraid you will be proved to be correct.....although the 'wet' DPF's systems are working well. Basically the lower temperatures that the DPF's can get by using Eolys or Adblue means the soot can be vapourised without coking up so much.
Either way, the days of the short run for a diesel have to be numbered!
Warning to PSA group drivers....there's quite a few types of Eolys these days so the right one is essential - but I did find a Peugeot with Adblue the other day so who knows what's fitted.
Eolys helps regenerate the particulate filters but AdBlue doesn't. The AdBlue is there on engines that comply with the latest "Euro 6" emissions levels and helps to reduce the NOx emissions.

Most vehicles after 2009 are good for it. Most of mine aren't even within a decade of that. Even with the promise 2009 on is OK I'm not convinced...there are too many horror stories and it doesn't solve the hygroscopic issue anyway.

Also the more ethanol is used the more rainforest/land is used to produce it and it still needs fossil fuels to produce as well. One could ask if it's worth it at all.
Our ethanol tends to come from garden and agricultural waste in the UK. It certainly wouldn't be worth transporting it half way round the world, let alone trashing rainforests to make it!

Sponsored Links