Surrey Flange/Warwick Flange

25 Jul 2014
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I bought a Shower Pump supplied with, Invoice described as, 1 inch X 22mm Compression Top Entry Flange.

I called a plumber to fit it. When he came and looked at the Hot Water Cylinder he said that, the flange which was supplied is too big. I should get a Warwick Flange. I think he meant the diameter is larger than the one on the tank.

If the diameter of that 2 X 22mm Flange is larger than the one on the cylinder, what size should I now get ?, because if the Warwick Flange comes in different sizes, he did not specify. Not very helpful.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
We really need a picture of the top of the cylinder because some have male threads sticking out :unsure:,part of the cylinder.
Thank you.

Here is a photo attached.


  • imageedit_2_4583618525.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 174
That's the top of an immersion heater.
The black plastic cover should be on as there are live wires exposed.

Can you take another photo of where the pipe emerges from the top of the cylinder?
Sponsored Links
Yes. I have.

Please see attached.


  • DSC_00751-ConvertImage.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 139

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local