Surveyors...

I

imamartian

Can i expect a uniform charge from whichever surveyor i choose or do i need to 'shop around'?

many thanks all...

Sponsored Links
What type of surveyor... building, land, quantity?

It'd be the same as any profession. Larger companies/outfits will charge more than sole traders/individuals.

What type of surveyor... building, land, quantity?

It'd be the same as any profession. Larger companies/outfits will charge more than sole traders/individuals.
thanks for the reply.... i have a number of worrying cracks appearing inside my house... so a building surveyor....

Sponsored Links
Doesn't matter which type of surveyor.....shop around. You will find vastly differing prices for the same thing.

As already mentioned, a building surveyor or structural engineer would be your first point of call and also as mentioned, they will vary so get some quotations or speak to other local people to see if they recommend anybody.

thanks gents.... i have been quoted £300 for a house in my price range...will get a few quotes though!

Structural engineer will probably be more useful.

Agreed, I always called for these when getting structural problems inspected.

Make sure that who-ever you ask that you tell them exactly what it is you want a report on as otherwise they may consider you want a report on the entire house which is more expensive!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back