Suspended ceiling flush with window top? or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to make a suspended ceiling in the 2nd half of my kitchen in line with the underside of the rsj, meeting the pitched roof where it then goes downwards.
View media item 20440 If i decide to carry on the suspended ceiling into the 1st half of my kitchen (pic below) also in line with underside of the rsj, then the ceiling will be in line and flush with the underside of concrete lintel/top of upvc window-
View media item 20439
1. Just wondering if this ceiling height using plasterboard will look odd being flush with top of window 2.3m? OR should i make suspended ceiling ONLY in 2nd half of kitchen to underside of rsj THEN up rsj 1 foot THEN across following underside of the main joists in 1st half of kitchen? ie. ceiling on two levels instead of one ..Recessed spots will be throughout ceiling

2. What plugs are adequate for fixing through into Thermalite block especially as my main kitchen wall units will have to be fixed to this?

Sponsored Links
Don't drop the ceiling to level with window will look odd, and will lose you head room.
Best plugs would be your standard medium to heavy masonry wall plugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back