Suspicious Plumber Assessment

Reaction score
Country
United States
We were awakened at 3:30 a.m. by my step-son saying the basement was flooding. We called for emergency service (I won't say the company, because I don't know if they were full of it or not). The man who arrived coiled out (never heard this term before) our sewer and got the flooding taken care of, but said there is a different problem.
He said our downstairs toilet, which some clever handyman decided would look good cemented to the basement floor instead of screwed, was sitting on the storm drain and not hooked to the sewer drain. He said we needed to have someone remove the toilet, coil the storm drain, and replace the toilet.
We were supposed to have someone come and give us an estimate, but they haven't called or showed up. I started looking online and it doesn't seem possible to hook the toilet to the storm line, and there would be no logical reason I can think of.

Can anyone tell me if this guy is full of it and trying to get the master plumber more work?

P.S. The house was inspected when we bought it by both the city and a private inspector that didnt find this.... and as I am typing this I think I know the answer already.

Sponsored Links
I didn't see any indication that this was UK only. Is this whole site UK only or just this forum?

Sponsored Links
Are you able to post any photos? Would be better dye testing first to confirm if connected to a storm drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back