swa size

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You know that's not the case.

17th edition exam is a multiple guess way of finding out if you can read a subject index.

Very little to do with practical electricianing.

joint.gif

well i scored 96% in my 17th !!

4mm 3 core cable lengh 35 metres max load approx 10amps, fed into 2 way CU in Shed x1 6amp for lights and x1 16amp for radial oh hold on minute that excedes the cable max, so what do i do? use a mk 3 gang 13 amp socket with internal fuse and wait for it put a 10amp fuse in job done.

The earth issue, it will be earthed from the house but it will not be connected inside the she CU, the earth bar will be to a stake outside the shed.

Easy oh by the way work for NIEEC, testing you lot

so you're not exporting the PME then.. in that case you'll need to have a 100ma RCD incomer on that board, or double pole RCBO's to accomodate the fact that you are now making it tt..

and in what world does 22A exceed the maximum rating for 4mm cable?

table 4D4A 4mm multicore armoured cable 70C..
38A clipped direct
41A free air
37A buried..

so maximum breaker I'd have on that cable is 32A

max load is also not 10A.. that's expected load..

max load is the sum of the breakers on the board you're fitting..

so 22A..

vd is 11mV per A per m

so (11 x 22 x 35 ) /1000 = 8.47V..

max permissable drop is what? 11.5v for power 6.5 for lights? ( 5 and 3% of 230 respectively? )

So, what do you think that 63A refers to?

What size breaker will you have in the shed CU for the sockets?
I thought you said 16A there so how will that discriminate with a 16A breaker in the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back