swa size

Sponsored Links
well i have just passed my 17th but cable calculations errrrrr bye.
FFS.

I sincerely hope you did that exam for personal interest, and that you won't be disreputable enough to pretend to be an electrician and to take money from people...

I have used the online calculator for my needs, and yes 2.5mm swa lengh 35 metres to my shed.

So is this right, a 32amp breaker in my CU in house feeding a small 2 way board in my shed 1 way at 16 amp (radial) and 1 way 5amp lighting?

The board in my house is covered by a main rcbo swich 80amp (30ma)

The earth system is PME so do i need to put a stake in near my shed for extra protection?

Sponsored Links
To make clear what everyone else has been saying - if you drew the full 32A through that bit of 2.5mm, the voltage drop would be far too high for even the radial, let alone the lighting circuit...

And that assumes you put a 32A breaker on that bit of 2.5mm SWA.
Are you sure you want to do that??

Are you sure you want to do any of it??

I have used the online calculator for my needs.
But you haven't used it properly.

So is this right, a 32amp breaker in my CU in house feeding a small 2 way board in my shed 1 way at 16 amp (radial) and 1 way 5amp lighting?
Just which bit of Ib <= In <= Iz don't you understand? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well i have just passed my 17th but cable calculations errrrrr bye.
Marky - please accept the fact that you aren't capable of doing electrical work, and look for something more suited to your particular set of abilities.

All i want is some answers, i come on here for assistance and all i get is crap, so please answer my questions and stop being ME ME ME

I have been given 35 metres of 3 core 4mm swa, as i said i want to put up 3 outside lights on my shed each 28watt double D, 1 flourescent 58watt tube inside the shed and 1 double gang socket for power tools.

now then all i want is the following info:

1. what breaker size do i need in my house CU

2.My house has a PME system, do i need to place an earth stake from my small CU in my shed?

Now thats not hard is it????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back