Swan Kitchen Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new sink and taps onstalled in the kitchen SwanOP544.

I have 2 problems with this:

1. The neck of the teap remains loose even if I tighten the screw at the back of the tap as tight as I dare.

2. These have levers rather than hanndles to control the water flow. The hot side lever turns itself on because of the weight of the lever - until it s fully on in the horizontal position.

My plumber says there is nothing he can see that can be done and its the design of the taps???

Any advise appreciated

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a bit of naff design really, but it should be possible to position the tap levers vertical when off, or even just past the vertical, away from you? That way, their own weight can't turn them on.
The swan neck screw is just there to prevent the neck pulling out - it won't have a bearing on its tightness.
John :)

These were not chhep so I may get them replaced (and suffer the cost of the labour mysef?)

Many thanks for your prompt response as i had assumed that the spout could be tightened in some way?

I haven't seen these taps but i guess they are the antique handle style, with the high gooseneck.
Ceramic insert tap valves can't be tightened (easily) but usually have enough friction in them anyway to prevent them turning on, and the screw in the spout is for location only....if it was there to impinge on the brass, both would quickly wear away.
I think your supplier / installer needs to become involved here, as your taps don't sound to be fit for purpose?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks John,

I have been straight onto the supplier and when I explained the problem he has ordered me a replacement immediiately!
I have stuck with the same make so hope it was just one of those things....

64CR544ELUSPL.jpg

You say not cheap, but I wouldn't class them as expensive either, at £120 inc VAT for the chrome with ceramic handles:
http://www.paini.co.uk/product/1852/swan-ceramic-lever-mono-chrome-64cr544eluspl.html

True but I expected a little better performance wise ! Its just there is no resistance when pulling the lever down? There is definately a problem so they have agreed to replace FOC.

Thanks again

Looks like a result, Alan.
Hopefully the fitter put water isolators on the pipes so you can do the replacement at leisure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back