Swapping a Hive for Another Smart Thermostat - Same wiring?

Let us know how you get on, I also considered Nest. One the plus points for Nest was the stat does not need batteries and it did get me thinking but a good deal on the price of Hive won it for me.

Sponsored Links
It's all done and dusted. It came yesterday evening so installed today. Just swapped the hive receiver over to the Nest heat link and tested it with the thermostat plugged in. All working, so I then hard wired in the Thermostat with some extra cable back to the heat link, tested and all ok. After tidying up the wall with polyfilla, clearing up and setting the app up, about 4 hours all in.

Got to say the Nest is a far superior product. Feels better quality, more solid, no batteries to worry about, and the schedule works exactly how I want it to.

I also bought the hive thermostat system after reading all the reviews online and for the £160 price tag you actually expect more. You only get 3 scheduled heating slots in the day. So having your heating on from 6am-8pm, 11am-12pm, 3pm-4pm. You can't do any more scheduled heating for the evening and then for the night time if you wanted to. It says 6 slots but 3 are needed for the heating to be off which makes no sense at all.

The app is a little too basic I understand the need for basic but this is a little too basic. Having been created from British gas I'm sure they don't want you to have you heating bill less so i am a little suspect with the time slots. It's only technology so I can't understand why there can't be unlimited time slots or at least 5-10 a day isn't it just a software update? Seems under developed to me. So frustrating because that's I will have to return and get a nest thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back