swapping honeywell t6360b for dt92e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am wanting to swap my old honeywell t6360e stat to a new wireless dt92e stat.

After looking at the wiring to the old stat I found it is as follows:

Green/yellow wire to Earth
Red wire to 1
Blue wire to 3

There's nothing connected to any of the other terminals. There is a white wire and a black wire but these are cut short and tucked away.

The guy in the hardware shop said I should wire up the new stat as follows:
Blue wire to N
Red wire to L
Link from (the other) L to A

I'm hoping someone here can verify if this is correct before I start rewiring. Looking at the wiring diagrams, I'm thinking that I need to connect a wire to B too?

Any advice or thoughts appreciated :)

Edit: My boiler is a Baxi 80e if that assists in any way :)

Sponsored Links
The blue wire is not a neutral it is a switched live .
So the receiver unit of the new wireless stat wants to have the red wire to A and the blue to b , With a new live and neutral ran to it .

Or just buy the DT90 and rePlace stat in existing position with red to A and blue to B.

Or with it being a baxi 80e and if it has integral clock just stick receiver unit by boiler and renew stat wires from boiler .
Terminal 1 of boiler to A and termial 2 To B.
Then also seperate L an N to receiver unit

Thanks for your reply :)

dt90 wouldn't be any use, the stat is currently placed in a stupid location in the hall where its always cold, why I decided on a wireless one so I can place stat in the lounge :)

Time to call an electrician then I think, going with your first suggestion.

Thanks again :)

The guy in the hardware shop is wrong. Ignore what he said.

It might be easier to locate the receiver module elsewhere, e.g near the boiler or the motorized valve, if you don't have a combi boiler.

If that is not possible, is there enough slack in the existing cable so the unused white and black wires could be made use of?

My boiler is a Baxi 80e if that assists in any way :)
There are a number of Baxi boilers called the 80e. :confused: Can you give the GC number please (on the data plate or in the manual)?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry, it's a Baxi Combi 80 HE Plus. G.C.No 41 077 42.

And yes, there's enough slack to use the black and white wires if needed :)

it's a Baxi Combi 80 HE Plus. G.C.No 41 077 42.
If your GC No is correct, it's not a combi boiler! Do you mean condensing? A combi boiler gives instant hot water. Do you have a HW cylinder?

there's enough slack to use the black and white wires if needed :)
That's useful. Can you locate the other end of the cable? What is it connected to?

My apologies, correct details :

Baxi Combi Instant 80 HE
G.C.No 47 075 17

Had a look behind the control panel, black and white wires not connected to anything at the boiler end either. All the others connected as set out in the manual :)

Thanks for your patience, hehe :)

Had a look behind the control panel, black and white wires not connected to anything at the boiler end either. All the others connected as set out in the manual
So, at the boiler, the Red wire goes to terminal 1 and the Blue to terminal 2?

What timer are you using? Is it built into the boiler?

OK

At the boiler
Disconnect Red from 1 and connect it to the Live (next to the fuse)
Disconnect Blue from 2 and connect it to Neutral (next to Live)
Disconnect the green/yellow and make safe, e.g. put in a connection block
(Make sure the main L, N and E wires are properly connected)
Connect black to 1
Connect white to 2

At receiver
Connect Red to L
Connect Blue to N
Connect black to A
Connect white to B
Make the earth wire safe.

L should not be connected to A at the receiver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back