'SWEATING' of Newly Applied Plaster - Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A reputable plaster who has done good work for us in the past has recently finished plastering a bedroom. The interior walls have dried out fine, and I was warned that the exterior (2 1/2" cavity, recently bead insulated) walls would take longer to dry.

2 weeks after plastering, the two exterior walls are 'sweating' in the vicinity of the windows, mainly above them. The plaster still looks obviously not dried out.

I have to admit the room has not had ventilation (open windows) due to the recent cold weather, and condensation has been prevelant on the windows. I have today installed a portable radiator, hoping this will do the trick.

Am I doing the right thing, ladies and gents? Should I be concerend about anything or just let it continue to dry out? And should I avoid painting it in the meantime? Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Deff avoid painting for a while..its ok what you are doing by introducing heat.....but be careful......dont assume it all dry just because the plaster has appeared to turn pale.

Take the heater away for a couple of days and see if more moisture comes to the surface.

It could be that you have only dired the top 1/2 mm......Consider a de-humidifier.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your replies. I'll crack on as advised and for anyone interested will further post later on, with how it turns out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back