sweating under lino on concrete floor, what can i do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stone built home 100 year old with a lean too room that was originally a coal store one half and pantry the other. It had been framed and sheeted at sometime over the past and turned into a utility type room with a small toilet. I have stripped back to the stone in order to lay out the room differently but when i lifted the lino which was laid on top of the concrete floor there were a couple of damp patches.

It almost certainly wont have any DPM and has been a bit of a homer one half being concreter then the other by the looks of it over the years, its solid and flat.

My joiner says the floor will have sweated with the lino and its not a big deal.

My plan is to have safety flooring fitted once the room is refinished. Should I put anything down on the bear concrete to seal it first?

I have Watco sealer similar to Thomsons water seal. Had thought of putting this on the floor and 12" up round the bottom of the walls.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back