Swiftflow Gloworm 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with this boiler about a year ago and got help from this board so I thought I would try you again.

The new fault has got worse over the last month.
It started with no hot water. This was an intermittant problem which got steadily worse. We managed to work round it as my wife found out that if the central heating was on then the water was fine.

This week things have got worse. The central heating is now intermittant and will not always fire up and therefore no hot water.

At all times when turning on the hot tap a relay sound could be heard from the boiler as though the electronics was ok. The pilot is lit at all times.

Any help is appreciated

BM

Sponsored Links
HW
Sounds like the rubber diaphragm in the diverter valve has been holed for a while, and will finally split.
Not a big£ problem.

CH
could be several things - fan & air pressure switch area for example. Which makes that one a corgi job.

We had the fan changed about 12 months ago so there should not be a problem with that.

The heating seems to have given up the ghost completely now (it hasn't come on at all today). I'll give British Gas a bell later and see if they can have a look at it. I just hope they won't condemn it like I have seen from some other posts on here

Thanks for your prompt reply

BM

Sponsored Links
swiftflow has not got a air pressure switch or a divertor valve, heat exch is bi-thermal, flow sensor could be faulty or thermistor maybe or pcb, get an engineer to look at it glowworm do 195 pound all inc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back