Switch between two water sources - well and butt

G

Goldspoon

Am fitting a 1600 litre tank that will collect rainwater from guttering. Task is to use this water to supply one WC cistern in a holiday home. At the moment the cistern is filled by a pumped source - from a well. Reason for doing this is that the well can run dry in the summer.

Problem is that I want to add some kind of lever in the WC that can be switched between "Tank" and "Well". Is their such a lever or switch somebody can point me to - or a workable solution using normal plumbing devices...

Sponsored Links
hows about a float switch in the rain water barrel with a feed from the well near the bottom off the barrel

or have a seperate vessle/ tank fed by both with the float switch /ballcock for the well at the bottom off the tank and the float switch /ballcock for the rain water at the top
so only when the rainwater runs out will the well replenish the tank!!!

Sponsored Links
I need to use rainwater but will be using a similar but easier system for me.

I will have a mains water filled small cistern in the loft to supply the toilets.

This will be filled by a float valve set to close near the bottom on the mains supply and a float switch set at high level to bring on an electric pump from the ground level store. There will be another float switch in the store to prevent pumping it when its empty.

What is your 1600 litre store made of?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back