Switch CH on directly at boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior and the remote thermostat (MT10 RF) has broken. I wondered if there is a way to switch the heating on directly at the boiler? Basically I would like to have some heating whilst I decide how to go about repairing/replacing the controls!
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The receiver on the front of the boiler had a override button.

Regards

Hi,
I tried all the troubleshooting with the controller and receiver, such as pressing the override button, to no avail. I wasn't able to reconnect them. And now the controller is actually in pieces (yes, I took it apart... no, it was not a good idea).

Is the override button supposed to do something other than reconnect the device?

The override button is a 'manual on' pressing once should bring the boiler on until pressed again

Sponsored Links
As you have already accessed the MT10 RF just disconnect the communication ribbon from the boiler and it will work manually

The override button is a 'manual on' pressing once should bring the boiler on until pressed again

That's worked a treat! I think I wasn't being patient enough to wait for it to kick in when I'd tried that before. Thanks!

As you have already accessed the MT10 RF just disconnect the communication ribbon from the boiler and it will work manually
Thanks for this info too - I'm not sure how to go about this though... is it still necessary now that I've got the override button to work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back