Switchable socket in toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can anyone let me know if it is permitted to install a switchable socket in toilet? (currently a cloak room but soon to be converted into a toilet with WC & vanity basin)

If it is permissable, is there a set distance the socket must be from WC and basin? I know the electrician should know but asking the question prior to the quote helps.

Sponsored Links
Why a socket in the toilet, can you move it to outside of the toilet

it will look stupid :rolleyes:

As with kitchens there are no specific requirements for toilets just the general requirement that equipment must be suitable for it's environment. It is up to you and your electrician to determine what is or isn't a suitable environment for a socket. I would try to avoid putting one anywhere it is likely to be either splashed or accidently ****ed on.

What is the (proposed) layout of the room? where do you plan to put the socket? what is the socket for?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys!

Im not sure what the intended use is for the sockets but at least I know what can be done now...many thanks!

Can a weatherproof plastic MK Masterseal type of socket be installed there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back