Switching from NTL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if this is the right place for this but.

I currently have TV, Telephone and Broadband supplied by NTL and I'm looking to switch over to a cheaper supplier.
Broadband on it's own costs me £17.99 per month for 1 Mg and the TV (Family pack) with telephone costs me about £40.00-ish a month.

The TV is constantly freezing and after several visits from NTL engineers the problem hasn't been rectified.

I was thinking of switching over to Sky for TV and maybe someone like Carphone Warehouse for their telephone package with Free Broadband for Life.

Problem is that we no longer have any BT lines in the house as the house was completly gutted when we bought it and the sockets removed.
I've been told that BT charge £99.00 fitting per phone socket! :eek:

Does anybody know where I can get free fitting included with the internet and telephone without the need for a BT line? Or is there any companies who will still fit a BT line for free?

Also, what Internet and Telephone suppliers would people generally recommend?

Thanks in advance ;)

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
AFAIK, only BT can fit a BT socket.

that is true.

why not fit your own and then ask bt for a line (comes with master socket) and connect sockets to this?

most "deals" require a bt line, i wonder why!?

Sponsored Links
BT are very keen to entice customers back as so many are leaving to cheaper suppliers.

Call a sales office and say your house used to have BT, you went over to NTL but you're not entirely satisfied and are considering coming back, what can they offer you?

That is the prompt for them to start seducing you.

Fit your own extensions, it's easy.

Back