Switchmaster 600 timer controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Believe it or not we have a boiler about 30 years old we were told and going strong!

With it is a Switchmaster 600 programmer.

I cannot work out how to use the timer.

There is one dark and one lighter thing which look like sliders, side by side, on both sides of the "clock". So there are 4 of these in all.

On the installation instructions these are shown in different places round the clock, so clearly they are meant to be moved.

And am not sure which ones are to turn heating or water On
And which turn heating or water Off

Also not sure how to move them. I had a go but didnt want to break them.

Has anyone got a user manual for this Switchmaster 600 or know how the timer works please?

I will be grateful for your knowledge.

Sponsored Links
As far as I can make out the green peg positions show when the boiler will switch on and the black pegs when it will go off, so two timed ON/OFF periods in 24 hours.

If you push a peg outwards away from the centre of the circle it will click and become moveable around the dial. Then push it towards the centre of the dial and it will lock in place at your chosen time.

The dial must only be moved "clockwise" as per the arrow on the face. As already said, "pull the timer pegs" outwards to release, these pegs can be moved either way once released then push back to lock in the new start/ stop times. These pegs will determine when the the boiler will fire, you now need to select on the programmer Hot Water , hot water and heating, continues, Timed ( this is your peg stop /start )or Off. Can't remember if this programmer has small orange run light that shows the programme selected.

Jackthorn, thank you! I am just testing timer today. Had not thought of pulling pegs OUT before moving them round the clock. As I only want ONE timed ON/OFF period: heating ON at 6am and OFF at 11pm, I have just left the other two pegs out, hoping that will work. Will get back tomorrow with results.

Sponsored Links
Jackthorn and 75Pete, thanks be to both of you. I have left 2 pegs out as I only want heating on and off once in 24 hours (6am ON and 9pm OFF) and it seems to be working.
Without your help I might have broken the pegs trying to move them round the clock face without pulling them out first. Very grateful :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back