synchron motors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a MAN gas boiler, it has a actuator (driving the divertor valve) that uses a synchron motor.
This motor has the same body as a standard Honeywell etc replacement motor but the complication is that the output gear on this motor is about two to three mm further away from the casing than a standard motor and it also rotates in the opposite direction.
I can accommodate the directional problem (using the standard motor) by fitting the motor on the outside of the actuator casing (effectively upside down) but when fitted this way the teeth don't fully line up.
The question is does anybody know of a motor that has the output gear sat further away from the motor body than the standard replacement motor?
Thanks.
Paul

Sponsored Links
Never heard of a MAN gas boiler did you mean MAIN ? and the model would help

Ian, the gas boiler is a "31/36 High efficiency Micromat EC (German) 31kW modulating to 6kW
I have had it since 2000 supplied with the underfloor heating system I bought from "Eco-hometec" Doncaster now deceased.
The original divertor valve and actuator are not made but alternatives are available but expensive (£350)
Generally the boiler is working ok and I have some spares to keep it going but don't intend spending much as I would replace the boiler
As I said in the opening thread I have the actuator working in its modified mode but the motor gear teeth are half meshed with the mating part and I don't know how long it will last, hence the need for an extended synchron motor shaft.
Paul

Sponsored Links
Are there any marking such as type number on the original motor ? Boiler manufacturer will as far as possible use standard off the shelf motors and this motor may be available direct from it's manufacturer ( or their agent ) if it can be identified by the maker's part number.

I am sure the OP could purchase one for himself if the manufacturer can be identified.
He has been looking for the spare for 3 years now,

Berny,you have the proven ability to use search engines to churn out a lot of internet sourced info ,maybe ask the OP for detailed photos of the item he wants. I am sure you will source the part, an alternative generic part or an engineering solution.

good luck.

you have the proven ability to use search engines to churn out a lot of internet sourced info

I was locating sources of obsolete / replacement components long before the internet was created. ( the birth date in my profile is not the true year. Posting a false year of birth helps to prevent ID cloning )

I am already the clone of a very handsome person,sex god,professor,money making expert,property developer,business owner,tax exile,expat and a very nice jolly person.

you ask more questions than the inland revenue rook's . i could hardly comment.

Eco-hometec" Doncaster now deceased

Recently one of the engineers that used to work for these charlatans (not saying the engineer was party to their dodginess) posted his mobile number up. Perhaps he can help, other than that, either bin the schitbox or bite the bullet and get bent over by MHG

The original motor and a standard replacement motor are identical apart from shaft length (as photo)
Original manufacture number "660F 230V 50HZ 5W 5RPM 38903R-6-121-130 0346"
Replacement motor "660 240v 50HZ 5W 5RPM 38526L-5-6-130 1113
The difference is minimal, a longer shaft and right hand rotation.
The photo shows a standard replacement motor installed but not fully meshed
The extra length of shaft beyond the gear is not required as it only shows the position externally that the actuator is in.
The Chinese can supply, minimum order required 5000 so it's a case of finding something I can get to work.
My reasoning is that if I can effect a "safe" repair then it's more money in the inheritance pot
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 171
A company called UnderfloorHeating1 Ltd bought up the assets, stock etc when eco-hometec went into receivership. There was a director common to both at the time.

UNDERFLOORHEATING1 LIMITED
Company number 06913096
Registered office address
Unit 11e Carcroft Enterprise Park, Carcroft, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN6 8DD
Company status Active

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back