Syntesi 25e pouring water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have had problems with my syntesi losing pressure for a long time. I used to have it serviced by BGas but it hasn't been done for a couple of years. However I still had problems when they serviced the boiler. Anyhoo, when I run a bath and had the heating on the boiler would switch off. It would depressurise for no reason and then it would be okay for months. I decided to get someone to look at the boiler as every time I ran a bath I was having problems. The boiler was also not switching on properly. I thought there was a loose connection somewhere.

Very difficult to know if you are getting a proper tradesman even after checking reviews etc. This plumber/heat engineer came out and said he couldn't find anything wrong with the boiler. He did say that some switch which switched between hot water and heating was making a loud click which he had never heard before. He therefore changed this and charged me for the call out. A couple of days later the boiler would not start so I called the guy again. He said he would get out as soon as possible. I kept trying and eventually the boiler started working. I let him know it was not as urgent and he said he would come out the following week.

This was about two weeks ago. I put my heating on tonight and it worked fine. I had just returned from a few days away but my son had said he had used the heating and it was okay. After a while I felt it getting cold in the house and checked to see if the heating had been turned off. There was no pressure at all and I believe there was an error code d1. I tried to refill the boiler but water was pouring everywhere.

I have now left the drain valve open as I could not stop the water pouring out. The heating had been working fine and then this happened. Any suggestions on what may have happened? It is 12:30am so I can't contact the plumber but I will be phoning him later in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Just to be clear, water pouring from the boiler?
Just the fill loop?
Isolate the the water leak, switch off the power supply to your boiler and await your service engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back