System boiler & control recommendations & advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m struggling to choose my system boiler and controls, between all of the different brands, smart thermostats and technologies, I’m confused.

Physical set up is as follows:

System boiler and 210l Indirect unvented gledhill hot water cylinder

12 radiators across 3 bedrooms and one bathroom, 3 - 4 sinks

50 sqm of wet ufh in one open plan kitchen (one thermostat zone), supplied by continal. Calculated at 4.4kw. Salus wiring centre.

My plumber has setup with 3 2 port zone valves, one for ch, one for cylinder, and one for ufh. He’s on the old school side, so not too famililar with the newer smart elements of heating systems.

I’d like homekit compatibility and for the system to be efficient, perhaps making use of opentherm / weather compensation.

Does anyone have a similar setup and could you provide any recommendations on system boilers and controls?

So far ive looked at Viessmenn Vitodens 100-W B1HF 25kW System and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000. It looks like bosch easycontrol won’t work however, due to the addition of ufh.

Initially I was looking at tado but its unclear if it would work in the above arrangement.

Any advice / recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back