System or heat only boiler

Sponsored Links
i too would not bother with the worcester, it just not a very good manufacturer, with over engineered plastic components that are not particularly easy to work on due to lack of space.

the pump comes out at a funny speed setting too, and although it can be altered bosch technical are not very responsive...

then there is the condensate trap filling programme...best avoided in my opion too..

as for pipes in the ground floor...if you have a town house with three or four floors then the pipes at the bottom of the system are already at 1 bar.

UFH plastic pipes are unlikely to leak due to pressure anyway, much more likely the joints.

copper pipes in concrete can be problematic though if not protected against movement...

in 8 years I have had one issue with pipes in concrete, and I seal systems as a matter of course...

and if you want a decent boiler then the viessmann vitodens 200 with weather compensation is what I find sits most comfortably in London homes...

Sponsored Links
An Intergas will do everything for less fuss than a Vaillant.

The price is the boiler is less than a third of the quote so saving a bit on the boiler won't make a huge difference. To be fair I prefer a longer warranty.

I prefer a boiler that is reliable and doesn't need a long warranty to sell it. And that is the sole reason I changed my 40 year old working Servowarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back