T-MOBILE RIP OFF WARNING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
T-Mobile are a bunch or crooks.
Since I got one of their phones about 2 years ago (maybe 3) the rates have roughly doubled.
The latest scam was to introduce something under the misleading name "mates rates" and you didn't have to do anything to "start benefiting". :evil:
In reality, only a few calls got a bit cheaper and the rest got more expensive.

A few months before that they announced to have "reduced the price of messages"
Yes, the price went down a few p, but so did the length of a text; I don't know exactly what it used to be, but I suddenly noticed that almost all my texts needed 2 or even 3 units.

That's the same as advertising petrol for 99p, and forgetting to mention that is per pint in stead of per litre.

Sponsored Links
I've been with them for the last twelve years but once this contract comes to an end that's it. They have become a lying bunch of ****s out to rooke you at every turn.

This is the effect of the digital revolution, we are all heading for massive price increases.
Analogue TV phased out, only alternative digital, prices are bound to increase.

Sponsored Links
I have a contract with T mobile for both my phone and dongle, up until recently both were just under £10 each then I noticed my bill shoot up, I contacted them and was told that my discount period was over (they didn't tell me) so I told them our marriage was over. I now get phone for £10 with loads of freebies and 3gb on the dongle for £5 and got overpayment back.
I have set alarm to tell me when contracts run out next time.
T mobile aka Dick Turpin
Baza

First contract phone I ever had was with T Mobile. Seemed a good bargain at the time, then after a year the price started going up. Asked them about a new phone and was told I'd have to upgrade to a higher tariff to get a new one, or pay about £25 and stay on the same (increasingly expensive) contract. I told them I'd think about it. Next day I was looking around and got a better contract with Vodafone, brand new phone (free?) and internet with the phone too. All cheaper than the original T Mobile contract.

Just as an aside, I noticed last year that the EU were stepping in to make the cost of calling and receiving calls abroad cheaper. I still have not noticed this, although Vodafone let you sign up for some incentive during the summer, where the calls are slightly cheaper. ;) ;)

PS people complain when the cost of their phone contract goes up, yet I don't see many people complaining about the cost of their weekly shopping (which has rocketed well above the rate of inflation in the last year) ;) ;)

Been with T Mobile a while now - got unlimited texts/unlimited internet and 200 mins for £22 (including VAT) - contract due to expire in February and no plans to change to another company at minute

been with T Mobile for a long time now, last month I upgraded to a very nice premium handset, probably one of the best around at the moment. Tarif was lower than any other provider and I get unlimited texts, unlimited calls to any network and landline anytime plus unlimited internet (which i dont use that much anyway). Not sure if its because I haggled a bit and have been a customer for a long time....but no other provider could even come close to match the deal I got....very happy with what I have got now.

The missus has just gone to T Mobile too after years with O2....reason being, customer service was poor and cost was more than other providers.

Been with T Mobile a while now - got unlimited texts/unlimited internet and 200 mins for £22 (including VAT) - contract due to expire in February ...
Don't be suprised if the price stays the same, but what you get becomes a lot less next year.

This is the effect of the digital revolution, we are all heading for massive price increases.

Before long the analogue radio in your car/van will go silent. Will have to replace with digital.

All these digital appliances use a lot more juice. Think a digi TV is 2 or 3 times the power consumption of a CRT.

Before long the analogue radio in your car/van will go solent. Will have to replace with digital.

All these digital appliances use a lot more juice. Think a digi TV is 2 or 3 times the power consumption of a CRT.

solent is the heaven of the south coast....

Sponsored Links
Back