Tablet dispenser door not opening on Hotpoint FDL570A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this dishwasher, just approaching 5 years old and the tablet release has failed - the manual lever works but it doesn't automatically open during the wash cycle.

Google tells me this is most likely due to a failed solenoid, and you can buy a replacement part (C00144172) but this is for the whole dispenser and at £50 relatively pricey.

I know what a solenoid is from schoolboy electronics and having a late father who was an electrical engineer... would anyone care to comment how feasible fixing this is by taking it apart? Is it likely the solenoid itself has failed, or some other component e.g. a simple resistor/capacitor?

I don't want to go to loads of effort, but wouldn't mind having a try as a bit of a project - I can always give up and buy a spare (or buy a spare and return it if I can make a repair).

Or - is this all going to be sealed units and microchips?

Sponsored Links
This is pretty much standard practice, but if you are prepared to split the dispenser and check out the numbers on the solenoid (if it has any) then RS Components could well sort you out.
Of course, in the mean time the dishwasher is out of action which could prove injurious to health..... :p
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back