tabletop basins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
my dad purchased a tabletop basin 6mths ago and just decided he wants it fitting now and guess whos got the job :cry: . instructions are useless, basically tells you how to clean the thing and thats it. I am wondering about fixing bowl to table
do i
A. drill hole in table just big enough to get waste through and then thread waste assembly through and tighten backnut so it locks basin to table

or
B. drill hole about 2 1/2 " so waste assembly tightens onto basin then basin silicones to table
i would have thought it be option b but thought id better check with the experts i have fitted many basins but never these modern ones

sorry about the essay and thanks in advance ;)

Rich

Sponsored Links
thanks pal,
depending on which way i plumb waste in some of pipe may be visible so is there chrome waste available and if so where would i get it?

McAlpine do a couple....here's 2 in Toolstation - 30832 and 85046.
Doubtless there are others, but I've always found McAlpine excellent quality.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I bought one ...fitted on tabletop with mixer tap , soft close drawer under...brand new . £ 22 @ auction :LOL: bankrupt stock. tell your Dad and get your revenge ;)

If the basin has an overflow and a slotted waste, option A) is a no-no. Even if it doesn't leak, you will end up with water damage to the counter top.

I drilled the counter top to fit the waste, counterbored the top of the hole to clear the backnut on the basin and fitted a second backnut under the counter top.

some fantastic tips there, much apprecheated
i will tell him nige :LOL: i hope hes as gutted as i was when he gave me job :evil:

i will get a basin waste sealer cos they look like they do quite a good job.
how big do you drill the hole? i was thinking about 2" to 2.5"

so upto now i plan to drill hole through table fit basin waste sealer and backnut, silicone round basin to tabletop, fit chrome trap and plumb in

been back today to finish off after tiler and must say the basin waste sealer was excelent and well worth the money i even amazed myself with finished product (ill get some pics nxt time i go)

would just like to thank all who helped
THANKYOU X X :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back