Tado installation (ed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im hoping someone will be able to assist with this little issue.

I currently have a Honeywell ST6300A and Salus RT3000RF receiver installed for my heating and hot water. We have only just moved in and brought the tado from a previous house.

The Honeywell is a direct replacement with the extension with wiring, I'm just stumbling on the receiver. I get Hot water but absolutely zero central heating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You need to redo the tado installation via app. It uses the information in the setup to program the extension.

You need to redo the tado installation via app. It uses the information in the setup to program the extension.
Thanks Swwils, i have followed the instructions for the extension. unfortunately the receiver does not have anything just stats that just replace the wireless thermostat. Issue being then is the system is still tied into the salus receiver and stat.

Help me understand; do you have a tado thermostat at all or just the extension?

Sponsored Links
Yes I have both a Tado Extension and a Smart Thermostat.

At the moment, you have a Honeywell programmer (time control) and a Salus Thermostat receiver (temperature control)

Tado extension box combines both time and temperature control in the same unit, and replaces the Honeywell programmer, meaning that the separate room thermostat becomes redundant. However, it can't just be disconnected, otherwise the wiring will be 'open circuit' and the heating won't come on.

You don't say much about what you have done, but usually the cause of the heating not working is failure to decommission the old thermostat correctly. When the thermostat is removed, the black and grey wires in COM and NO should be joined together to complete the circuit.

20220312_170121.jpg

It can be done at the thermostat receiver end and the wires safely terminated in a junction box, with the L and N isolated separately. Or, ideally at the origin of the cable, then the old thermostat cable can then be removed completely and a link inserted between the terminals that the black and grey wires have been removed from to complete the circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back