Tado thermostatic valves

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 307320

Anyone got any experience using these with a Nest thermostat?

I know they're not directly compatible, but does anyone know how well they work when you have both under control of the Google Home app?

When I fitted the Nest a few years ago I'd thought I'd be able to get valves which are part of their system, sadly I was wrong...

I've been hearing that Google Home combines the two and can deal with them both simultaneously (eg: it can take the temperature reading of a Tado valve and cause the Nest to kick in itself.)

Sponsored Links
I have Energenie Mihome TRV's and Nest Gen 3 and Nest mini's the claim was the TRV would work with Nest but it worked wrong way around, instead of TRV telling Nest what to do, Nest told the TRV what to do.

So set Nest to 20 degs on the Energenie app and the TRV's were supposed to follow, which they did, but a scheduled change did not work, phoned Energenie and it seems when Google took over Nest the support was removed.

In USA you can get sensors for other rooms, but not it seems in Europe.

My problem is the hall cools too slow, heating can be set with the lock shield valve, and late mothers house it worked A1, just set TRV about 2 degs lower than wall thermostat and it worked fine.

But here heats up OK, but then living room cools before the hall, can't put thermostat in living room as there is an open fire. And lighting fire would cool down rest of house.

I had hoped the TP-Link thermostat would work with the TRV, but can't now find one for sale, seems there is Tapo and Kasa some things work with both, my door bell does. But wall thermostat was Tapo and TRV is Kasa so not sure.

I only have two wires between boiler and main house, so Nest seemed best option can set DHW and CH from house and it keeps battery charged so whole system is battery backed.

Had insulation in loft, and new doors in dinning room and heating this year seems better, so not in a hurry to fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back