Tado v3 wired thermostat to BR1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This is the BR1
4 wires a Live, Neutral (which I parked in the Tado) then Lx l1 and l2

ive wired up the L1 and Lx to com and N0 on Tado connections. NC is empty.

glow worm cxi30 ultracom is set to always on for CH and DHW. Seems boiler is permantly on when connecting the Tado, despite the 10 smart rads all being set to off. Help

Sponsored Links
From a wiring point of view, assuming that the BR1 was initially working [meaning that the wires are connected properly at their other end] what you have done sounds correct to me. The Tado is battery operated so doesn't need the 230V supply, and BR1 terminals L1 and LX are connected to a simple 'on' and 'off' switch as are Tado COM and NO.

I haven't fitted a Tado with the smart rad thermostats, but I imagine that the Tado room stat will override them if it is calling for heat. Normally the radiator in a room where there is a room thermostat installed won't have a TRV fitted.

Tado tech dept will be able to give you a quick answer. 020 3893 2159

Please let us know how you get on. This is the sort of question that is likely to come up again and your post may help others.

Although sleeved brown to show it’s being used as a live wire, it’s not good practice to use a cpc (earth wire) as a live wire. Is the boiler on all the time regardless of temp setting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back