Tado Wireless thermostat starter kit V3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning i have recently joined and asked a question about my thermostat in my hall which is always freezing so my next question is i have got a Tado Wireless Starter kit V3 which might go to solve some of the issues about my thermostat. I don't know if this is even compatible with my Vaillant eco 28 combi boiler so has anyone got one of these combi boilers and have fitted the wireless therm or got it fitted by someone ?

After a quick read about it i thought it would be fine but to be honest i don't really know as now i see something about EBUS and as i said not sure now it will do. I am registered disabled and struggle health wise and would more than likely have to get someone in to fit it if compatible.

Thx in advance i attached a pic of the wireless thermostat if that helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-092213.png
    Screenshot_20231204-092213.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
As Ian states, it is compatible. Depending on the model/year of ecotec can be wired to either mains switching or 24V switching. Ebus is only for certain Vaillant controls and work better with the boiler for modulation.

Thx for the prompt replies guys i am useless at this sort of thing so bear with me. So my wired thermostat in the hallway what is done when fitting this wireless tado thermostat ? where does all this go and do you actually need both wired up if that's what is done ?

Attachments

• WirelessST-SK-eu-box-1x1.jpg
    WirelessST-SK-eu-box-1x1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 19
Sponsored Links
You can opt to leave it in and set to max, or remove. The wiring is usually best don at the boiler for a wireless thermostat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back