Taking off micro ore radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - can anyone help? I need to get a microbore radiator with 2 pipes on one side off the wall to remove some horrendous superglypta boarding before the plasterer comes. Anyone have any ideas how to stop me flooding the place and get the pesky thing off? Thanks

Attachments

• 51EBD8AC-609D-41FD-AA8F-D3A6205171BE.jpeg
    51EBD8AC-609D-41FD-AA8F-D3A6205171BE.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
turn the big know clockwise that'll stop water in one pipe, then remove the brass cap next to it, underneath there'll be a screw and you then need to screw this down and that'll stop the water in the other pipe, but this will probably cause it to leak.
undo the big nut next to the rad and that'll split the two parts. However, there'll be a small bit of pipe going into the rad that will no doubt cause you problems removing it.

you'll actually be better off replacing the the twin entry valve with new rad valves at each end and piping them up. it''ll be easier.

Thanks - that’s what I thought. I was going to get the radiators replaced along with the piping sometime after Xmas. I just wanted to get this wall plastered when the plasterer was here. My problem was the brass cap - it looks like it’s ceased on ... I’ve been spraying it with WD40 but no joy .... any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back