taking on the bathroom...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bathroomInteriorDesigns3.jpg

i always liked this type of bathroom but unsure how to realistically achieve it withouth spending a small fortune.

has anyone got any bright ideas theyd care to share??

Sponsored Links
great news, i was thinking of doing all bambooey stuff then i realised that would just look cheap, and i thought it would be smart to take the basics of this image, dark wood and mirrors so im gonna sort myself out with a glass medecine cabinet like these: http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Furniture,Bathroom-furniture,Medicine-cabinet-018696 which will be a nice little styling next to mirrored cabinets and an accent colour, i was thinking of purple, i like this bathroom here:
PurpleBathroom_01.jpg

but i reckon as the tiles it is a bit much, if it was just towels and accessories itd be cool.
maybe too dark with the dark wood?! oh its so hard to make these decions... any opinions on purple and dark wood and this mirror/glass theme???

There are those that say that combinations of colours can look awful. My bathroom for instance has green , black and white tiles which some think is terrible. The purple and wood in the second picture work for me but the main question is if you yourself like it? If you do then go for it but be sure you have enough tiles to allow for breakages and damage as getting a match at a later date can be a right pain. I have to say that I'm not very fond of the bathroom in the first picture, it just looks designed for the look rather than any sort of practical use.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back