Tall victorian skirtings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
This is the first time I,ve posted on this site, I hope you can help.
I,m currently renovating a large victorian terrace, and would like to fit skirting as near to the original as possible, but cannot find it anywhere, despite plenty of searching.
The overall size is 38 x 250 finished, and is made up from two pieces. It is not critical that it is a perfect match, but the nearest I can find is a 25 x 225 board, which just doesn,t look the same.
Anmy help appreciated,
regards

Sponsored Links
take a photo or sample to a decent timber merchants. They should be able to come up with some suggestions with regards close matches, made up from combinations of boards and mouldings

I had the same problem I took a small sample to the Watford timber co & they made me an exact copy in MDF the only problem it was expensive about £550 for 2 large rooms they did have cheaper similar sized samples but I wanted an exact copy.

Neil

arsenalred said:
I had the same problem I took a small sample to the Watford timber co & they made me an exact copy in MDF the only problem it was expensive about £550 for 2 large rooms
That seems extremely expensive, even allowing for the knife grinding.

An alternative is to see if any of the local joiners has profile knives already ground to the pattern you require - I have about a dozensets for stuff commonly used in my local area so it's always worth asking about.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advise.
I finally made the skirting myself with a square backboard, and planted on a small skirting on the bas and a dado on the top......looks ok and cost relatively little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back