Tamper on Pyronix outside bell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I took the cover off with the alarm not armed and in engineer mode would this tamper activate?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't set the panel sounder off but will still sound the bell as soon as you lift the cover unless the engineers hold off as been wired.

It wouldn't set the panel sounder off but will still sound the bell as soon as you lift the cover unless the engineers hold off as been wired.

Engineers hold off hasnt been wired but I changed the cover todays and It didn’t go off, everything works as inteded except that

Sounds like the tamper switch as been wired out or jammed/broken, (if it still works normally with bell test)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the tamper switch as been wired out or jammed/broken, (if it still works normally with bell test)

So things to check would be

Tamper return to T inside alarm panel
The - to T link is fine
And the rear tamper is pused against the wall.

Would that be correct?

It's more than likely just a faulty tamper switch, try pulling it away from the wall it should be on a pivot making sure it still can move. Also check that the wire from the switch going the bell pcb hasn't been cut and twisted together.

It's more than likely just a faulty tamper switch, try pulling it away from the wall it should be on a pivot making sure it still can move. Also check that the wire from the switch going the bell pcb hasn't been cut and twisted together.

Thanks will have a look during the weekend, if it is faulty would I need a new bell box? Its only a week old

You will just need a new internal module they just clip in/out with one small screw.

That's if you are really that bothered about a tamper on the bell box, how high is it? do you need ladders to get to it?
What are the real chances of someone turning up with ladders knowing that the tramper doesn't work opening it up and disconnecting the siren?

You will just need a new internal module they just clip in/out with one small screw.

That's if you are really that bothered about a tamper on the bell box, how high is it? do you need ladders to get to it?
What are the real chances of someone turning up with ladders knowing that the tramper doesn't work opening it up and disconnecting the siren?

Yeah I will do a few checks to rule out possible causes that you have mentioned, I actually bought the delta plus module due to the interal lighting it goes off during the night , so i rather have the tamper,

Highly unlikely as its at the top of a two storey house, you need ladders but I think I will try and figure it out and worst comes to worst leave it

Update -

When taking the cover it, it does sound.

But when I try pulling it the pivot seems to be already stuck in or doesnt move ( my brothers as soon as you pull it alarms)

Now how do i sort this without the bell off?

Its probably jammed on the back pin on the rear plate, when you clip the internal module into the back plate you need to lift the tamper switch up when you push the module downwards.

Its probably jammed on the back pin on the rear plate, when you clip the internal module into the back plate you need to lift the tamper switch up when you push the module downwards.

Yeah that’s probably were I have went wrong,

How can i deactive the bell when taking cover off?

Easiest way is just unplug the sounder on the bell box itself the strobe will still flash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back