TAMPER PROOF DUMMY DOME CAMERA?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am after a dummy or even a cheap unconnected dome camera for outside my door ...I live in a flat. The problem with the dome cameras especially the dummy ones is as follows...the backing plate is screwed to the ceiling ( a template is normally supplied to make sure the screws are in the correct position). Then the main dome is simply twisted into place after inserting the batteries. The problem is this means anyone can reach up and untwist the dome to remove it!!. SO I need a dome camera that is fixed in such a way as to make it tamper proof...but still able to replace batteries. The only thing I can think of is after installing the dome camera I could make a hole in the outside rim and put a long screw through to the ceiling..the camera cant go anywhere else other than just above my street door..so this position is accessible to anyone. ..any ideas please? ?..thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dont waste your time with dummy cams something will happen and you will wished it was real.

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised there is not a decent ring like camera that you can connect through the door spy hole. There are some spy hole cameras with screens, but not seem to record or send alerts.
Somebody needs to make one., it'll be a winner.

Well, that's almost what I'm looking for - but want a screen to view rather than a peephole. We have glazed panels in the door so would be nice to see who is there without having to go right up to the door.

But tempted ... must be much more secure than the other styles.

there are lots of things like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=spyhole+door+camera+screen&i=amazon-devices&ref=nb_sb_noss
but none I can find that do that and record and send alerts. Although, maybe this one will do - no alerts, but easy to check it...

Well, that's almost what I'm looking for - but want a screen to view rather than a peephole. We have glazed panels in the door so would be nice to see who is there without having to go right up to the door.

But tempted ... must be much more secure than the other styles.

I think the peephole bit must just be backwards compatibility - the built in camera can be viewed on a phone/tablet/pc wihtout going near the door.

I think the peephole bit must just be backwards compatibility - the built in camera can be viewed on a phone/tablet/pc wihtout going near the door.

yes, but then you need to look at a phone, which by the time you sort that out, the person has gone.

I just want instant video screen when somebody comes to the door, on the door, just so no need to use peephole. Maybe will get a basic one and make do with separate camera.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back