Tank fed to Mains fed shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post here and I'm not too sure if this is a silly question but here goes. I have a Redring shower which seems to be banjaxed. It is a tank fed shower however there seems to be good water pressure in the house and I want to swap it to a mains fed shower as 1) they seem to be cheaper 2) in my area they seem to be the only ones with the inlet water pipe on the right hand side which is critical in the shower I want to fit it into.

Is fitting the shower just a case of taking the shower connection from the tank and connecting it to the tank feed??

Also the shower I want to put in is 9.5kW rather than the 8.5kW that is already there.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
I have a Redring shower which seems to be banjaxed. It is a tank fed shower
Are you sure? Instantaneous showers need a good pressure to work and are usually connected to the cold main. Turn off the main with the shower running and see if it stops straight away.

The shower I want to put in is 9.5kW rather than the 8.5kW that is already there.
Then probably the cable, MCB and isolator will not be up to the duty and will need replacing. Tell us what you have and someone will advise. Basically it would mean scrapping what is already there and starting from scratch.

if its from the Expressions range they are pumped electric showers.
either way if its pumped you won't be fitting it to mains pressure and mains pressure can't be tank fed.

so you'll have to change the shower unit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back