Tanking basement wall with electric meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on applying tanking slurry to this wall. Do I have to figure out a way to apply the slurry behind the electric meter and fusebox? I'm hoping there's an alternative like something I can inject behind the chipboard they're attached to. The chipboard is attached to some wood batons that are attached to the wall. The chipboard and batons aren't dry but they aren't rotting.

9GLQQorr_o.jpg

Sponsored Links
I learned there's no need to tank the basement since the underlying walls are quite dry. It just needs an air exchanger.

The floor is made of old stone slabs though and they've shifted so there's some largish gaps and cracks between some of them. It seems moisture rises from the earth below. What would I use to seal these gaps before painting the floor with epoxy?

Sponsored Links
If it were me, I would dpc the floor, then insulation then screed.

However I'm not an expert,

you'd do better to lift the slabs and lay new concrete on a dpm.

The old slabs are likely to continue moving and break your seal.

This is a good time to dig out the floor a bit to improve cellar headroom. if you expose the footings, you can dig and concrete them in short bays, quickly, to prevent undermining the wall.

sxturbo, unfortunately the ceiling is already as low as it can get. Raising the floor isn't an option unless the dpm, insulation and screed combined were less than 2cm.
JohnD, it's a rental property, I'm just trying to get the humidity down for storage. There's also a workbench with brick legs on top of the floor.

Any other options besides finding a new property? I know I'm probably asking for the impossible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back