Tanking slurry looks damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used FebTank to render the inside of a solid brick dwarf wall recently - base of an old victorian greenhouse. Two coats applied a day apart including 6" onto the concrete floor.
At one end the wall is mostly below ground level and when we last had a few days of proper heavy rain, I noticed this looking visibly darker and a bit patchy before drying out. There looks to be a little bit of salt coming through (like damp plaster). Does this indicate the tanking has failed, or might need thicker coverage... if so can I add another coat or two now it's been on a few weeks?

I plan to clad internally with PIR/plasterboard and obviously don't want to hide an unsolved problem.

This is what it looked like when I finished applying, that end wall is the troublesome part though I don't have a pic from when it rained heavily after drying:

1688034693514.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back