Waterproofing a small underground wall - tanking slurries, etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my greenhouse rebuild project, the structure is on a slope. At the top (left in photo) end, the floor is around a foot below ground level and the top end of the concrete floor rests on the ground (no DPM) - the rest of the building the floor is suspended and above ground level by several courses. This photo before we rebuilt the structure probably shows it clearest:

1678874591904.png

The walls and probably floor will end up PIR insulated, and damp will be a factor at the top end with no damp-proof measures at all.

My builder mate likes FebTank but my local MKM only has it in 25kg buckets (£75) which seems like a lot more than I'd want. Is there anything else that's as good - I see Sika and others do what appear to be very similar products? I figure I might just treat all the walls and floor while I'm at it, or at least use up the whole bag.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back