Tanks tanks !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i have decided to go for an unvented system with an ectotec 637 boiler.

The plumber has quoted for a santon premier plus and when i ask if i should get a Unistor he says the santon is as good but cheaper.

So my question is which one do i go for??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the santon is as good and a little cheaper.

An unvented cylinder will blow if the cylinders safety devices are bypassed, i.e. capping the T & P relief valve, and heating the cylinder to its extreme, which any competent plumber would never do.

The only time a cylinder will need charging is if there is water dripping from said valve, seen at the tundish. The mythbusters episode was showing what would happen if these devices weren't used properly. Scares the bejeezus out of most unknowing people when they see the footage, but the safety devices are there for a reason.

Just an up date:

I got the system fitted as above and am extrememly happy with it!
3Bar hot water to 3 showers.....a hot house in 10 mins!

And as for bypassing PSV's??? Well i work on an oilrig with 140bar PSVs so if there safe then a yearly services is worth the price......( if you cant afford the system then u cant afford to look after it!!)

if you cant afford the system then u can't afford to look after it!!
I think it's the other way round.

My long-departed dad used to say, talking about people taking out huge mortages (£30k-40k in those days), "It's all very well them taking out these big mortgages to buy themselves a nice large house, but can they afford the upkeep - repainting, roof repairs, gutter replacement, decoration etc."

Hello gazandlucy

I have been looking at a similar setup (Vaillant Ecotec Plus 637 & Santon Premier Plus 210 litre) - would you mind me asking the price you were quoted for such an install ?

thanks,
nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back