Tap connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm replacing a tap in my house. The previous one came with flexi-hose terminating in a threaded fitting which I just threaded onto a 15mm straight coupling on the 15mm pipe.

The new tap has smaller diameter flexi-hose terminating in a threaded fitting but of a smaller diameter so I need a 15mm to possibly 8 or 10 mm straight coupling (I'm unsure how to take the measurement to confirm, but it's definitely smaller)

Can anybody link to a suitable product?

Otherwise I'll try and get into Plumbase tomorrow to see if they can advise.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
the female thread on most flexible hoses is 1/2 inch bsp. the smaller size is 3/8 bsp. ( common in Europe ,and becoming more common now in UK )tool station do a 15mm to 3/8 bsp tap tail adaptor item no 63663..

by the way the 15mm end is like a 15mm pipe, so to connect to a 15 mm straight coupler you would need an olive and a compression nut ,just like you would if you were connecting a 15 mm copper pipe to the compression coupler.

Sponsored Links
I've ordered some 15mm to 3/8 bsp connectors from eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261101581056

Apparently this is a common problem with more taps being sold in the UK using euro fittings.

I did the 5p test, it wouldn't fit in so the connector is 3/8 and not 1/2 bsp

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back