Tap dribbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did search for this but I'm afraid I didn't understand the reply posts.

I have an Armitage Shanks shower mixer tap on the bath. Its always worked fine until today when for some reason it has slowed to a dribble. The cold is fine and all the other hot taps in the house are working fine.

When and if you reply please be gentle! I don't know how to buy the right size washer let alone fit it :oops: but I'm willing to try anything once! I will need a really foolproof explanation from anybody patient enough to try

There is one other thing that might be a clue, it also feels 'loose' if that makes sense

Sponsored Links
Also there is no @*%$£ isolator thing on the pipe below the taps.

Any solution that doesn't involve draining the whole system gratefully received.

Talk to some people who live near you and find a local plumber who will come and do it, OR, get a book on DIY plumbing. It's likely to be a standard bath tap washer, BUT the problem is if the tap is scaled up. In that case DIY will be lots of grief as you will have a damaged and dripping tap, whereas if you get someone to do it, he may have learnt a way round it, or be able to tell you at the start it will be a problem.

It may not be the washer that's the problem but the seat, in which case it will need recutting.

What has slowed to a dribble - the hot, the cold, the shower, all?

Sponsored Links
Just the hot, as i said the cold is fine but when you turn the tap for hot it just dribbles; both out of the actual tap and the shower head

I had a similar problem myself. I undid a nut on the hot tap part a little and full flow was restored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back