Tap hole too small for tap!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bought a low projection "Impulse Unispace" basin with 1 tap hole for a wc i'm constructing.

Tried my fancy monobloc mixer I bought for my en-suite on it just to see and the base was too wide so that when the tap tails were attached it wouldn't fit.

Not a problem as I was planning on buying a cheap regular mixer for it, bought this. http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Tap...s+Mixers/Barra+Basin+Mixer/d240/sd2691/p62574
Same problem, hole not big enough to allow two tap tails and the fixing bolt to go through the hole, even if it did the tap wouldn't sit flat on the sink.

Called the manufacturer to ask for the names of some taps they know fit, apparently it's a "british standard hole" and I need to speak to wherever I bought it. I pointed out their brochure/website has it with a tap attached, "that's just a photographer that's done that." was the reply.

I'm thinking maybe one without the pop-up waste part might fit as the tails and bolt would be more centrally located on the tap base. Or I could grind out the hole bigger in the sink?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You're using a basin as a WC?

Yeah, it's to remind me of the urinal/basin i used to have in my halls of residence room at uni........ :D ;)

It possibly is designed for a mini mixer, and that one looks good, unfortunatly it's double the price of the basin!

Hopefully I can find a cheaper one.

and i see they have a £50 quid mini one too, that's getting better! (already splurged most of the cash on the main ensuite)

Sponsored Links
Ring around a few retailers - I was offered discounts of 30 to 50% on some brassware recently.

If you're anywhere near Lancashire try Golita in Blackburn and Boundary Bathrooms in Colne. In fact try BB's website.

I just bought a bath from Boundary Bathrooms, their service was fantastic, kept me informed all the way and when there was a problem with delivery they were on the phone straight away to let me know and sort it out.

They seem to be trying very hard at the moment. Just a couple of junctions down the M65 in Burnley a rival firm has gone bust in the last few months.

I just bought a bath from Boundary Bathrooms, their service was fantastic, kept me informed all the way and when there was a problem with delivery they were on the phone straight away to let me know and sort it out.

Perhaps some might think the service is less than fantastic if there are delivery problems?

Shefi's in Blackburn are also excellent, near the ice rink.

Perhaps some might think the service is less than fantastic if there are delivery problems?

Perhaps some might think you are pedantic. Delivery problems can occur for all sorts of reasons, and can be out of the control of the supplier. Better to be told that the delivery is delayed with a valid reason than to be promised one then have it not turn up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back