Tap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water is leaking down the back of the mixer taps through the sink hole that the taps fit in. I cannot tighten the brass nut up enough to prevent leakage.

My taps are soldered in and I can lift them about 5mm. Should I squeeze some bathroom sealant underneath the taps before tightening the nut?

Sponsored Links
HI
you could try sealant ,i think you would be better using a compound called plumbers mate, its non setting and will allow for movement . its very sticky hard to get off hands best wear thin plastic gloves good luck

Or you could use some Fernox LSX...in a small tube...silicon type but specificly for water joints.........the choice is yours :)

Sponsored Links
sounds like a spacer or gasket was not fitted when the tap was installed. Call back the installer if done recently. The tap should not move by 5mm out of the hole.

I'd say the chances of getting a lasting, tidy seal without removing the tap and reinstalling are slim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back