Tap Tail Help

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, I am looking to replace the existing basin tap tails in my new build house downstairs WC with tap tails that have an isolation valve built in but I am struggling a bit with the sizes. This is prep work for a bigger bathroom job. I have attached a photo for reference.

I measured across the threads of the brass male connector in the picture and it was 21mm so I am presuming this and the fact that it is a modern house mean I am looking for '22mm' tails?
Tap tails this size obvioulsy exist as there is one installed but I can't find them anywhere. All I am seeing are 10x15, 12x15 or imperial sizes.

Or is the answer to use the existing tails but use seperate isolation valves? If so, is there a type that would fit directly between the female flexi end and the existing male brass pipe connection?

Any help appreciated, apologies in advance if I am being thick.
taptails.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Those are 1/2" BSP tails, they are readily available, you will need to find out the size of the tapping in the tap body though, will be either 10 or 12mm.

The copper pipe is 15mm, one of the anomolies of plumbing.

So I was indeed being thick, thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Can anyone link to 10 x 1/2" tap tails with built in valves for sale online by any chance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back