Kitchen Tap Tails?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a Franke Sion tap to replace my kitchen tap and I have a question around the flexible tails it came with. I've attached a couple of pictures of the supplied tails.

1) The tail for the hot water is like most I've seen before and I assume I just need to fit a male coupler to attach this to?

2) Is this an integrated non return valve on the cold tap? I've not seen one integrated into a flexible tail before but it does look like a non return valve you see on garden taps.

3) What is the cold tail intended to couple up with? My initial thought was a female coupler however from what I gather, a female coupler once fitted to the pipe won't rotate, nor will the tap tail, so it doesn't feel like I'd be able to connect that up. I also wondered if it simply requires an olive and a nut, though these don't tend to be sold separately and I'd have thought it would come supplied if that's what was intended? Finally I've arrived at a 1/2" tap connector on the end of the pipe, which I would be able to rotate and tighten with everything in situ.

In short, am I right with the male coupler and what should I buy for the cold feed?

Attachments

• IMG_20191203_214205.jpg
    IMG_20191203_214205.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20191203_214231.jpg
    IMG_20191203_214231.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 280
Sponsored Links
You should have got a nut and olive with it by the look of it ,for the cold flexi.
The hot could connect to a tap tail adaptor , fitted to a full bore isolation valve.

You should have got a nut and olive with it by the look of it ,for the cold flexi.
The hot could connect to a tap tail adaptor , fitted to a full bore isolation valve.
Definitely no nut and olive in the box, and it was sealed when I bought it so seems unlikely it would have been removed. Can I use a nut and olive off any other 15mm fitting i.e. are they all the same, or should I go get another tap and see if it comes with the fittings?

I just had to look for tap tail adaptors online - I didn't know they existed but look a lot tidier than my past approach of a really short length of copper pipe to connect a male adaptor as close to the valve as possible! In this case I already have an isolation valve about a foot away from where the flexible tail will reach, so I'll just go with a standard male coupler on the end of the pipe.

Most nuts on 15 mm compression fittings are 1/2 inch bsp. Like your hot flexis female. If the hot flexi will screw onto the cold flexi ,that will confirm.
You can buy nuts and olives by the way.

Sponsored Links
Most nuts on 15 mm compression fittings are 1/2 inch bsp. Like your hot flexis female. If the hot flexi will screw onto the cold flexi ,that will confirm.
You can buy nuts and olives by the way.
The two do screw together.

I've got plenty of spare elbows and isolation valves and stuff lying around, I'll just take a nut and olive off one of those then I crack on and get it replaced tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back