Tap water pressure problem

Right, I've done the searches and found all the useful info on this site and elsewhere about how to clear an airlock.

Now it seems to me, if I've got pressure at the shower and flow to the loo (I think), but no hot and cold to the taps in the bathroom and the kitchen, I must have an airlock (if it is an airlock) between (1) where the cold feed goes to the shower and loo and (2) the boiler and where the cold feed goes to the taps. This being so, if I force some mains pressure water back up the taps is it going to clear the airlock if the boiler is in between? Presumably I just try to clear along the cold tap route and then the boiler will regain pressure once the airlock is cleared in the cold feed?

Sponsored Links
The boiler is a simple immersion heater - just supplying hot water, with heating from storage heaters.

if you have a washing m/c fed from the cold main link the valves :idea:

if not you need a mains pressure cold tap and a hose to the hot

carrier bag comes in handy if you put your hands thro the handles ;)

crt said:
Hi, we've got an odd problem with our pressurised system.

you do not have a pressurised system

Sponsored Links
Sorry, you're right that we don't have a pressurised system in the conventional sense, but I think the immersion heater is pressurised from the mains to give hot water pressure (there are no tanks in the roof).

Sort of. Much smaller, fewer bits on the outside.

Answer? Fancy modern mixer taps with a filter mesh at the spout. Completely full of crap. Unscrew the end, clean the filter. Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back