Tapered plasterboard for ceilings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I am ripping out the original bathroom in my Victorian house to convert it back into a bedroom.

The room measures 3m x 2.5m and floor to ceiling is 2.5m.

I have removed a plastic panel ceiling which was no nailed to a laeve and plaster ceilling which has wood chip wall paper on. The ceiling is cracked a bit and damaged around the edges so I want to sort it out.

The options I have are:

1) Take wall paper off and skim
2) Take wall paper off, fill and paint
3) Plasterboard over, fill tapers & paint

I want to do option 3) as this is the cheapest, quickest and easier option but the major question I have is...........

Q) Can I but plasterboard that is tapered on 3 edges (can't get full boards to the room)?

Help appreciated.

Tom

Sponsored Links
If so, how do you expect to get a bed in there?
The last mattress I saw was bendy and you don't have to be a few beers short of a six pack to know that bed frames can come flat packed nowadays. You've taken too many of your stupid pills again haven't you?

Sponsored Links
Thanks st will take a look at that.

8' x 4' boards don't bend at the top of stairs like a double mattress ;)

Taught myself how to plaster and mew barroom Walls look really good but not tried a ceiling yet and not keen as room ha to be finished by Christmas and only have 1 day at weekends and evenings to do it all.

Gona get the wife to strip the wood chip paper off the ceiling and see what we have.

Thanks for the help all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back