Tapered Plasterboard In Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
About to embark on some bathroom re-modelling soon an need some advice regarding the ceiling. A new ceiling will be put up but I have previously used tapered edge plasterboard in another room and i am quite adept at filling/taping these joins and would like to do the same in the bathroom.
Not too sure whether i should get the moisture resistant pb - is it really worth it is the first question. Secondly, as i will be taping and filling the joins, is this really OK in a bathroom, I assume that as it dries as normal skim does there shouldnt really be any difference but just want to check this one out.
Thirdly, what paint can I use in the bathroom as this will be bare plasterboard, normally i water down emulsion a couple of times and do that and the results are good but i am not too sure what i should be using in a moisture area.
To recap
1. Moisture Resistant pb on ceiling?
2. Is taping a filling a good thing in a bathroom?
3. What paint can i use.
Thanks
L

Sponsored Links
IMO: green plaster board is no more moisture resistant than any other plaster board.

Taping ceilings is fine - millions are done that way every year all over the world. Dimple all your nail or screw heads, and flat dab them with compound.

We always used an oil paint for bathroom and kitchen ceilings - but someone in the painter's forum would probably give you best advice for paint.

Agree with tee although can use good acrylic as it has water resistance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back