Tapping from central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wondered if anybody could advise before I perhaps call out a technician.

When my central heating is on (boiler is an Apollo Fanfare S), once the radiators have warmed up, there is intemitenty a loud tapping noise (of approx 8 taps). I guess it is coming from the pipes but I can not narrow it down to any one pipe, as the noise is just as loud in any room in my house. There was no noise last winter from the central heating.

This happens continously when the boiler is on "low" setting. However, when it is on "high" setting it stops. However, I was worried about leaving it on the "high" setting all the time for efficiency/cost. As there was no manual for the boiler when I moved in, I am not entirely sure of the differences of having it on the "high" or "low" setting.

My question is may there be a solution to the tapping (without having to pull all the floorboards up)? Or should I not worry anyway and just leave it on high setting?

Thanks for any help. I would much appreciate advice before I take the plunge and call somebody out to look at it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back